At Eastlake High School in Chula Vista, CA, we offer a Medical Pathway where students are given extra preparation for a career in the Allied Health industry.
- Ensure students meet A-G requirements for the California University systems
- Alter core science classes to give them a medical focus
- Give students opportunities for career education through our ROP/CTE classes
- Expose students to a variety of careers in the medical field
- Provide opportunities for internships, job shadows and hospital visits
We work with the Health And Science Pipeline Initiative (www.haspi.org). They provide support, internship opportunities, curriculum and additional funding for our pathway.
Our Pathway Requirements are listed on this document – Health Career Pathway Completion Application This document is being implemented beginning in the 2012-2013 school year, so students will mainly be held to the requirements based on the grade they are in now as they move forward. The class of 2016 will be the first class held to the entirety of the document.
Don’t forget to sign the Medical Pathway Consent Form to ensure we can use your images on our website, in our brochure and on other materials to share your experiences with others and continue to get support from grant programs.
Make sure you fill out the Medical Community Service Form whenever you do community service, job shadows or internships in the medical field. 65 hours need to be completed by the time you graduate, and colleges want 100 hours!
For more information about our pathway, check out the ELH Med pathway brochure Fall 2012